Amla also know as amalaki, dhatriphala and in Sanskrit and Emblica officinalis scientifically, is the most widely used herb in the ayurvedic system of medicine. it maintains balance amongst three Doshas of wind, bile and phelgm (Vayu, Pitta and Cough) and effectively controls digestive problems, strengthens heart, builds up and sustains defence mechanism, improves eye sight, imparts a anatural glow to hair and body and a store house of Vitamin C.
The English name of amla: Indian gooseberry, denotes that it is indigenous to India. Though all parts of the tree have medicinal value, it is the fruit which constitutes the main drug. Charaka has specifically mentioned it as a great rasayana that helps protect people from disease and keeps away the manifestations of premature ageing.
Read more on Benefits of Amla Herb and Katrina Kaif Photos and also visit on Benefits of Tulsi
Amla fruit is acrid, cooling, refrigerant, diuretic, laxative, alexeteric, antipyretic, aphrodisiac alterant, tonic and trichogeneous.
Health Benefits of Amla
1. It is very helpful in skin diseases.
2. It promotes glow on skin and delays wrinkles or loosening of skin.
3. It stimulates hair follicles thus promoting hair growth and also improves texture of the hair.
4. It prevents premature graying of hairs and dandruff.
5. Amla act as natural hair conditioner and provides good nourishment and also helps in normalizing blood supply
6. It acts as an effective natural cure for indigestion, acidity, constipation, gastric troubles, and flatulence.
7. It is helpful in improving liver function.
8. It helps in lowering cholesterol and blood sugar level.
9. It has very good results in chronic cough, child hood and allergic asthma and tuberculosis.
10. It provides nourishment to the nerves and is helpful in paralytic conditions.
11. It also works as brain tonic and helps to alertness and memory.
12. It helps in improving quality of sperms due to its madhur (sweet) vipaka property.
13. It also acts as anti-inflammatory agent thereby suppresses pain and swelling.
14. Amla finds great application in improving eyesight.
15. It also improves general health weakness and makes our body’s immune system strong therefore help to fight diseases.